Tuesday, July 15, 2003

The last two days have been weird. Yesterday, I found a forged identification card in my office indicating that someone masquerading as a janitor had been in. Nothing is missing, but we are investigating. Yesterday afternoon, someone hacked my computer and deleted a whole directory. It was done, not from my terminal, but from someone on the network. Then, today, a company has been spamming my e-mail all day with advertisements for software the copies dvd's. I gotten 60 or so by now. The same company spammed me from Earthlink a few weeks ago. Today they are coming from msn, although the address on the e-mails has been doctored to appear to come from aol. I contacted msn to complain. It all reminds me of one of my favorite adages: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

No comments: