Thursday, October 16, 2003

LEFT REALLY BEHIND. Last night I was at church hearing a talk called "Has Left Behind Left You Behind?". That was ironic, for both speakers said they never read the Left Behind books. So, I guess this was just the love of catchy titles.

The speakers were my pastor, Michael Dean, and Craig Blaising from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Dr. Blaising is, and has written a book on, Progressive Dispensationalism. Does that sound like an oxymoron or what?

I went by Lifeway bookstore to get the book after church, and they were sold out. How could that be? How many people out there are interested in this topic, or know what it means? Maybe the Historical Dispensationalists are up in arms and bought the book in a moment of hysteria? Anyway, despite the humor, I am interested and will try to find the book somewhere else.

No comments: