Tuesday, January 18, 2005

EVEN A BLIND HOG. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Senator Joseph Biden, the erstwhile speech plagarizer from Delaware, said something intelligent. This is it: "I spent a little time in Europe recently, and I have one simple message: Get over it. Get over it. President Bush is our president for the next four years, so get over it and start to act in your interest, Europe." Biden said this during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing to confirm U.S. Secretary of State nominee Condoleezza Rice. Maybe they will listen, since it came from a Democrat.

It was a good time to find a nut. Biden is not in the same I. Q. league with Dr. Rice. I'd advise Biden to quit while he is ahead. She might mention that she never lied about her class standing or had to steal a speech from a Brit.

No comments: