Monday, April 11, 2005

TRAVELING MAN. I'm back! I do not travel much, and I am glad. Last week, however, I did have to go to Houston for a seminar. I drove to Love Field and flew on Southwest Airlines. I did this because, if you drive to DFW International Airport, which is closer, you must fly on a twin prop plane. I did that last year, and decided against a repeat. It was hot, noisy, crowded, and you have to walk forever to find the plane. Sorry about that, American Eagle.

Southwest Airlines does it right. I got my ticket and my boarding pass online. I drove to Love Field, parked in the new garage close to the terminal, walked on the moving sidewalk (which is great until you get off onto the regular floor, which is like jumping off the back of a moving truck and trying to stay on your feet, while holding luggage), and got on the plane. It was painless, which is the way I like it.

I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Houston. It is a great hotel. It and the Mansion on Turtle Creek are my absolute favorites. The staff at this hotel is so helpful and never seem to mind being of assistance.

Now that I am back, I feel a little "out of sinc". Traveling does that to me. Or maybe it is just sleep deprivation, since the Baby went to the Prom this Saturday and came in late.

The Baby was stunningly gorgeous, by the way. She wore a black and white formal, had her hair and make up done, and was so beautiful I almost did not let her leave.

One funny moment to relate: when they were telling me what all they were doing, including the after prom parties, and when they would return, I must have let the "concerned father look" show on my face for a second, because Tall Boy looked at me and said "don't worry; I'll take care of her."

No comments: