Thursday, June 23, 2005

NICE DOGGIE, DIE! DIE! Have you heard the news about PETA, the so called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals? Suffice it to say, I don’t think the animals will agree with their name.

Last week, two PETA employees were charged with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty each. They were discovered dumping the dead bodies of 18 animals. The employees had just obtained the animals from an animal shelter. Then, they found 13 more dead animals were found in a van registered to PETA. It turns out there have been a number of dead animals dumped in the area. PETA employees told people at the shelters they would find homes for the dogs and cats. I guess the really meant “eternal resting place”.

This has happened before, by the way. In 1991, PETA killed 18 rabbits and 14 roosters it rescued by breaking into a research facility. Why did they kill the animals? The same reason most ordinary people give for dumping pets. "We just don't have the money to care for them," said then PETA-Chairman Alex Pacheco. Reports filed with the State of Virginia show that PETA has killed more than 10,000 animals between 1998 and 2003.

In 2003, PETA “upped the ante”, killing in excess of 85 percent of the animals it took in. I guess this is what they use their $20 million budget for. Well, that and having billboards made of the Dixie Chicks posing nude.

It gets kind of grisly. Read this quote from PETA official Ingrid Newkirk about working in an animal shelter: "I would go to work early, before anyone got there, and I would just kill the animals myself. Because I couldn't stand to let them go through (other workers abusing the animals). I must have killed a thousand of them, sometimes dozens every day." It sounds like a horror movie doesn’t it? Oh, and this is the same woman who complained to Yasser Arafat because a terrorist killed a donkey while trying to kill people.

You might be comforted somewhat by this. Newkirk had herself sterilized. She opposing having children and feels the world would be better off without them. I think the animals might feel better off without Newkirk or her PETA friends.

I hope they don't ever decide to "help" me.

No comments: