Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I guess we aren’t going back to Kansas. A pair of the ruby slippers Judy Garland wore in "Wizard of Oz" were stolen last weekend from the Judy Garland Museum in Grand Rapids, Minn. The shoes were one of four pairs used in the movie and were insured for $1 Million. It is amazing, isn’t it, how much movies affect some people. I cannot imagine wanting to buy the shoes. I cannot imagine wanting to steal the shoes. Then again, I cannot imagine having a Judy Garland museum.

I probably would not go to the museum to see the shoes, except to humor the Little Woman. Please don’t tell her there is a Judy Garland Museum in Minnesota.
The only reason I would want to go to Minnesota is to hear John Piper preach at his church in Minneapolis.

2 comments:

Larry Thompson said...

ok, just to let you in on a secret i tried to arrange a trip for you to hear piper while i visit the museum, but he was out of town the weekend i was working on.

Larry Thompson said...

Noooooo!