Saturday, October 29, 2005

I got sick on Thursday with some sort of virus and I am still suffering. By early afternoon on Thursday, I had a headache. A couple of hours later I had a sore throat and a cough and felt cold. I had a problem to solve at work, so I stayed until it was at hand. Thanks to Corbin for taking over to get it done. I went home about 4:15.

By Thursday night I was miserable. There are benefits to having a nurse in the house. The Little Woman has taken good care of me.

I couldn't sleep much Thursday night and Friday was more of the same. But, it began to break a little on Friday night.

As long as I am on the cough medicine, I can tolerate myself. I do not get sick very often and, as a result, can hardly tolerate it.

I do not know how long this will take to clear up, but I cannot wait. I cannot talk without coughing. If you know me, you know how much I am suffering.

The Little Woman says the average woman needs to say 60,000 words per day and the average man needs to say 30,000. The man gets all of his said during the work day, and the woman only gets a fraction of hers, so she wants to talk when the man gets home and he wants to be quiet. The difference in our house, according to the Little Woman, is that I have 100,000 words to say per day, and that is if you do not get me started on something I actually know something about.

That means I am about a quarter of a million words in the hole right now. Pity the fool who asks me a question after I get well.

Oh, and thanks to my good buddy Josh for bringing me Starbucks last night so I didn't have to get out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are getting well. I hope this week is much better and that you actually get to unload some of that word baggage you have been carrying and unable to distribute. I am glad I get to be the recipient of at least some of it.