Saturday, April 01, 2006

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. Tim Challies has retired from blogging. He said it was because it paid the bills. I guess that is a good thing about blogging for self expression. I never expect it to pay the bills. Actually, I never expect anything from blogging except self expressions. I guess that is why I also do not feel a great deal of pressure to wrote. I write when I feel like it and when I have time. Time has been a precious commodity lately, so I know blogging has been lighter than in the past. There isn't anything I can do about that, except quit working, but, as Challies says, that doesn't pay the bills.

The nice thing about blogging for self expression, rather than money, however, is that you can write what you want and express what you think and how you feel and no one can pull the plug because it offends their company goals. They only thing that happens is that people quit reading your blog. Remember Publius, who used to comment here all the time, but quit when he got offended by my support for the President? But the good thing is, it doesn't change anything.

So, blog on guys and girls. Get a real job to pay the bills and say what you want in the blog and quit worrying so much.

No comments: