Monday, April 24, 2006

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

I had a good day Sunday. I got up early for the Quiet Time and review of Bible Study notes. Yes, I am a little obsessive about teaching the Sunday School Class.

In class, we worked through the passage in 1 Corinthians 11 about women covering their heads. It is more about lines of authority, stating that Christ is head of the man, man the head of the woman. We had a good discussion and everyone took it seriously. What more could the teacher ask?

The worship service was good, too. We sang a big version of the hymn "All Hail The Power of Jesus Name". The congregation, the choir and the orchestra really let it out. My deacon spot is now way up in the balcony behind the sound board. It is a truly awful spot. But, no one is in front of me and so I can sing as loud as I want. I like making a joyful noise. And I did on the hymn.

We also got to sing along with the chorus of "The Majesty and Glory of Your Name", which was great.

The pastor worked on the Da Vinci Code, as he will next week, which is a good thing considering the movie is coming out and some people are a bit rattled by it. I have been reading it also, but more about that later.

After church, we called the Baby, who was in town for her birthday, and went to a Mexican restaurant of the chain variety, and ate lunch with the Baby, the Jones's and their baby, Grace, and our good friend Jill. That was fun.

Then the Baby went back to college, which wasn't fun, but necessary. The Little Stinker has a shot at a 4.0 this her second semester.

At night we went to see our friends the Shoemakers, where we drank coffee ("Fort Worth Delight") and talked.

All in all, a good day.

No comments: