Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Well, it is done. The wedding is over. The Newlyweds are on their honeymoon. We've taken down and put away the decorations, returned the tuxedos and brought home lots of gifts. There were about 50 gifts brought to the wedding or the reception. Probably 10 more have come to the house Monday and Tuesday. People are so generous.

Thanks to all who made this wedding a beautiful and God-honoring event. To the many church friends who helped us with a myriad of tasks, thank you and God bless. I do not think I have every felt more embraced by the church family than during this event.

Most of all, thanks to God for answering the 10 million prayers I prayed for a Christian husband for my little girl. Only a year ago, she cried in despair that she would meet someone who would love her. I told her she would, for a loving Heavenly Father would surely answer the prayers of a loving earthly father.

He has.

No comments: