Tuesday, July 29, 2008

DID THEE FEEL THE EARTH MOVE?

There has been an earthquake in Los Angeles. Contrary to rumors, it was not caused by the Dallas Cowboys coming to town to practice.

Why do I care? I want to experience an earthquake, and I was just there last month. Nothing happened. I have a natural disaster list to experience, my own personal bucket list if you will, but keep missing the earthquake. I have done fire, flood, tornado, and hurricane, but no earthquake or volcano.

(BTW, the title is a literary reference for all you non English majors. It comes from Ernest Hemingway's "For Whom the Bell Tolls." Robert Jordan and Maria are, well you know, and Jordan asked, "Did thee feel the earth move?" And Maria said, "It moved for me." Just so you'll know, you know, next time.)

No comments: