Monday, December 15, 2008

Where is that Global Warming when you need it?

It is about 25 degrees and I am freezing. Yesterday was warm and balmy, but by late evening a cold front roared through and now it is cold and windy. I have not had my overcoat out of the closet in 3 winters, and have already worn it almost 10 times in December alone. Now they say we may have some freezing rain.

Al? Al Gore are you there? I need some warm air, Al.

However cold it feels here, though, our northern neighbors really are seeing you know what freeze over. For example, Denver reported -18 on Sunday. I don't think I've ever experienced that. This, by the way, is a new record low for Denver for December 14. Obama better get on into office and fulfill his global warming pledges before long, or a record cold year could put a damper on things. The next coldest year for this date in Denver was 1901.

Monday was worse. It was -19 degrees, another new record low. The next closest was in 1951, when it was only -6.

But Montana was even colder. White Sulphur Springs, Montan, reported -29 degrees. Yikes! That breaks the record set in 1922 of -17.

I'm going to have to get re-acclimated to winter. I used to not mind being cold, but I'm not feeling the love at present.

No comments: