Tuesday, January 20, 2009

INAUGERATION NATION

I cannot bring myself to watch. All the breathless anticipation, the Hope, the hype, the first Black guy in the White House. It is just too much for me. I don't begrudge it. I'm happy they're happy. I just have a low gushing threshold.

And I don't care what Michelle is wearing.

But, if you don't want to watch it, you can read Ann Althouse's blog. She is "liveblogging" it from Liberal Land (Madison, Wisconsin). You can read how Chief Justice Roberts flubbed the Oath as he recited it to Obama.

If you did watch it, reading the blog would be like watching the post convention tv coverage where they tell you for two hours that you just saw them nominate Bill Blockhead for whatever it was. But, if you are more like me, her coverage is a public service. Thanks, Ann.

No comments: