Monday, October 05, 2009

THE CLUNKING SOUND AFTER CASH FOR CLUNKERS CASHED IN ITS LAST CLUNKER

After said clunker program ended, so did the buying. General Motors' sales were down 36 percent in September compared with August. Ford was down 37 percent. Chrysler was down 33 percent. Clearly, the only motivation provided by the program was the chance at free money for a new car at the expense of fellow taxpayers like this one.

It's not that I'm bitter. Ok, yes it is that I'm bitter now that I found my car needs $3,000 in repairs to pass inspection and I helped by new cars for all those other people and none of them even said thank you or bought me dinner.

Obama as economic messiah is in fail status.

Weekly jobless claims have risen higher than expected. No one want to hire when they wonder if they will be taxed out of existence or forced to buy so much health care they cannot operate. Job creation fail.

Consumer loan delinquencies remain at record highs. Credit structure fail.

Manufacturing growth has slowed. Stimulus fail.

The major stock market indexes have fallen. Financial sector confidence fail.

The stimulus plan is not working as planned.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

ERAC sales were down too... wah wah

Joanna J. said...

I'm helping to stimulate the economy by getting expensive repairs on my 14-yr-old minivan clunker.

Well, I shouldn't call it a clunker. It has lasted 224,000 miles with nothing but routine maintenance up to this point.

Hopefully with today's repairs it will pass inspection next month!