Saturday, February 08, 2014

The High Priest in Exodus 28 a Type of Christ



I am always amazed at the intricacy of the description of every item devoted to worship. Particularly here, the high priest goes into the holy place wearing stones inscribed with the names of the tribes of Israel. He bore the sin of God's people when he went into the tabernacle to conduct the sacrifice for the atonement of their sins.

Here the high priest is also a type of Jesus, our high priest. For he went into the tabernacle in heaven and offered the sacrifice of his own blood for the sins of his people. Jesus, being the perfect sacrifice, made the sacrifice only one time and that forever. He perfected his people for all time. (Heb. 10:14)

I spent a lot of my life doing things to make God happy, or at least, not mad at me. Instead, I should have been thanking him for sending his son to be the sacrifice that would perfect me for all time. Thank you, Father, for accepting Christ's sacrifice once for all time.

No comments: