Saturday, January 13, 2007



BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

I don't know about you, but here in Fort Worth we'd like to see a little global warming! The temperature is dropping, we've had tons of rain and the weatherman said to expect an ice storm late tonight. The ice is supposed to stay on the ground until Tuesday!

Where is Al Gore when you need him? I thought it was supposed to be warm? Plus, I'm here by myself and that makes it colder.

The Baby went back to college today. We packed her car in a thunderstorm. You heard right, we had a thunderstorm as a precursor to the ice storm, complete with thunder and lightening. She took off and I was glad she got out before any ice came.
Of course, most of the time, the weather folks over sell the ice and snow thing and nothing happens. But they said "cross their hearts" this time.

To add insult to injury, Starbucks closed and sent their people home. Wimps! Fortunately, I had some Christmas blend courtesy of Bruce and Cindy, so I made about 100 cups and am working my way through them. The temperature must be dropping again, because the heater has come back on. I better go pour another cup.

To top it all off, the Little Woman had to go to work. The last time she went to work before an ice storm, she was stuck there for 3 days because other nurses wouldn't come to work. They are probably the same people who closed Starbucks.

The final straw is that hardly anyone will come to church tomorrow, even if we have it. It's hard to work hard preparing a Bible Study when you don't think anyone will come. The good news is, Bible Study is always good for you.

It's too bad I can't do it at Starbucks tonight.

No comments: