Friday, March 19, 2004

OSR. Well, I just drove in from San Antonio. Ok, I confess. I went to Starbucks before I came home. Note, however, that the Little Woman is at work. I came home "the back way" on Highway 281 instead of Interstate 35, also known as Trucker Heaven, or Nafta Road. I went down on I-35, squeezed in between trucks all the way. At least all the way to Temple, where the Temple police had closed several miles of the highway. It appeared to be because of a wreck. At least, that explained about 50 yards of it. I could see no reason to block off the other 5 miles. It added about 30 minutes to the trip. I got to my hotel about 12:30 a.m.

Coming back was better. Highway 281 cuts through the Hill Country. Redbud trees were blooming, and some Bradford Pears. Also, peach trees were blooming north of Blanco. There is a purple blooming tree down around San Antonio, but I am not sure what it is. Then, around Blanco, I found a classical music station. They were playing Aaron Copeland's Suite For the Red Pony. (He wrote that for the movie made from the Steinbeck book, in the 1930's, by the way.) I thought, if you have to drive, driving through the Hill Country listening to anything by Copeland at full blast is the way to do it.

No comments: