Monday, July 31, 2006

WHAT MAKES A CHURCH INFLUENTIAL

Here is a list of the top 50 most influential churches in America. http://12.163.122.165/JULY06top50.pdf You can't help notice the personality cult aspect of the thing. Before the church or its ranking is a picture of the pastor and his name. Then, the church's name. Most of the pastor's have media presence.

I guess the real question is, who or what do these churches influence? I think they mostly serve as testimonies to the success of their pastors, who are the real influence. If you have a big church, and are on television, people interview you about various subjects, publish your books and invite you to speak at seminars.

I wonder if they have influencial Sunday School Classes? If I could make the top 50, people would PAY me to speak. At least until they found out I'd do it for free.

No comments: