Tuesday, November 18, 2003

CHRISTIAN RADIO PART 2. The third major station is The Word FM. On the way to work I listen to Alistair Begg. Most of this company's programmng is preacher programs, and they pay the station to run their tapes. The station also has commercials. So, they should be profitable. Weekends are a bummer, as they have vitamin salesmen and various health shows, some of whch are wacky.

During the week, however, the have Alistair Begg, who is great, Jack Graham, the Bible Answerman, and others that are good.

I used to listen to the Bible Answerman on the way home from work, and that was both entertaining and informative. Now, however, they have moved him to later in the evening and I often miss him. The drive home guy is a talk show host, Scott Wilder, and I do not usually listen, because I get tired of the rants. I prefer the Bible stuff and doing my own ranting.

All of this is to say, it will be interesting to see where KCBI goes. Are they trying to compete with the more commercial stations by playing music that is more contemporary but less doctrinally correct? (Oh, I left out one. I heard a guy named Chip Ingram last night, talking about how to manage your anger. The part I heard was all psychology, no Bible. I have a degree in psychology. I would rather hear the Bible.)

I may have to go back to turning off the radio and listening to tapes during the commute. I need the Godly influence while driving. It reduces the urge to kill substantially.

No comments: