Wednesday, April 07, 2004

THE END TIMES. I was just thinking of how much more civilized we are in America than in Iraq. Then I read this story about two 9 year olds in North Carolina fighting over a Little Debbie Zebra Cake. One of the boys was knocked unconscious. (I could have understood this if they were fighting over a Starbucks latte, but, really, a Zebra Cake?) I think these people are what my father called "the unwashed masses". I decided this meant civilization is coming to an end.

There are many signs that the fabric of our civilization is worn at the elbows. One is the Fort Worth Independent School District, which is also testimony that a large organization can exist on inertia alone. They have survived for years with absolutely no management. There are people that work there that don't know it.

Another is that McDonald's has to put pictures of the food on the buttons of the cash register so their employees can figure out what to charge you. ("Say, man, do that look like a cheese burger to you, or do that just be the special sauce drippin' out?") Robot technology would help here. You could program the robot to be polite, something you cannot program people to be without violating their civil rights.

Another is the courthouse. I know you have heard me say that watching people at the courthouse proves there is no evolution. We may have devolution, but no evolution. Even monkeys are embarassed to claim these people as descendants.

Why would you get on the elevator not knowing what floor your are supposed to go to? Why would you ask "where is the basement?" Why would you ask me what floor you came in on?

Then there was the guy we found walking down our hallway, which is supposed to be locked off from the unwashed masses, I mean the public. He was barefoot. We asked him what he was doing, and he said he was looking in all the offices for something to eat. We beat him unconscious. Those are our Little Debbie cakes.

No comments: