Wednesday, July 07, 2004

THOUGHT #1. John Kerry believes life begins at conception. Wow. First of all, I am glad to hear he does not believe that a baby is just a collection of cells and goo until it is born. Second, it shows he does believe in accordance with his professed religion, Catholicism. Third, it means he believes murder is ok in the abortion contect. He may not have thought this thing out. I doubt he conscously believes in murder. But, if you believe the baby is a human being from its beginning, killing it is wrong unless there is a compelling justification. It will be interesting to see how Catholics react to this. It will also be interesting to see if Kerry thinks it through further and acts accordingly. I expect political expediency will prevent this, as no pro life candidate could carry the Democrats. He needs a better reason than "I can't legislate morality", though, as government does it every day. All in all, this statement made me like him better. It also made me respect him more, as he will take some heat from the radical abortion proponents in his party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You callous approach to constitutional rights is quite unbecoming a man of your intelligence. If you believe criminals and crime are bad, and should be punished, why have the protection of the 4th amendment; I mean, really, the only people who will be harmed by a horde of police going forth and looking through your personal effects will be criminals.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last post was me, Publius.

Anonymous said...

Publius, did you comment to the right post? I did not make the connection between criminals, the 4th amendment, and John Kerry's abortion stance.