Thursday, August 19, 2004

I'M A BAAAAD BOY. I know blogging has been sparse. Those ogres at work have been running me around so much, I cannot write. I took yesterday off to celebrate the 31st anniversary of talking the Little Woman into marrying me. It was my first great act of persuasion. The longevity of the marriage is a tribute to her character and forebearance.

We went off Tuesday night to the Mansion At Turtle Creek in Dallas. Wow. It is beautiful. It is tucked away off the main street. The hotel is beautiful, the service wonderful, the food beyond belief. The Little Woman told them it was our anniversary, so every staff member we met wished us a happy anniversary. The manager upgraded us to a suite. He said, call me when you get to your room. We went in to this suite bigger than our first few apartments. It even had two bathrooms. We called and he said it was our anniversary gift from the hotel. Thanks!

They brought up a pitcher of iced tea and four chocolate covered strawberries. Yum. Then we went to dinner. This is the restaurant of Dean Fearing, who made "Texas Cuisine" famous. Wow, was it good. I had pheasant with cherry and rosemary sauce. The plate was a work of art.
They brought the dessert out on plates that the chef had written "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the rim. It was a wonderful experience.

Wednesday, we got massages in their health center. This was my first. It was great. The only problem is, you have to get up off the table and leave. I needed a hydraulic table to lift one end and slide me off. I was too relaxed to move. (I'm sure being back at work today will fix that!)

I've decided. If I ever get filthy rich, I'm moving into the Mansion.


No comments: