Sunday, November 28, 2004

REIGN ON SATURDAY. After hosting 14 people on Thanksgiving, Saturday was surreal. By noon, the College Daughter had returned to college (in my car), the Baby had gone to Tall Boy's family Thanksgiving, and the Little Woman had gone shopping. The house was empty and quiet. Only I and the dog remained. I sat down at the computer to work on the Sunday School lesson and the dog went in the other room in apparent disgust. Seeing a cloud of depression rising on the horizon, I jumped into the study of Romans 6 and lost track of time for about 4 hours.

Then my lovely friends, Rock and Sandra, saved me by taking us to the symphony. Even though it was Christmas music, I enjoyed it. (Sometimes Christmas music sets me off, but more on that later.) Best of all, they ended the concert with the Hallelujah Chorus. I jumped to my feet and stood for it. I pumped my fist when they sang the kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of our God and of his Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever.

The Lord reigns at the symphony. And he reigns at the empty house.

No comments: