Thursday, November 11, 2004

SHANE CASSEM: GOING OVER JORDAN. It is a shock when someone you know dies suddenly and, to you, unexpectantly. I felt that way when Shane Cassem died last week. I realized it was not unexpectant to God. He knew the time and place. He just did not tell me.

Neither is dying a bad thing. Paul said dying is gain. He looked forward to dying and appearing in the presence of Christ. Everyone who knows Shane knows he is there now.

I'm going there to meet my Saviour,
He said He'd meet me when I come
I 'm only going over Jordan,
I'm only going over home.

A strange thing happens when a Believer dies. Tears of loss are shed, sure, but happy memories are shared. Hope is rekindled as we are forced to remember that they have come to the first part of their reward. If they have been sick and suffering, they are relieved and blessed.

If you could see me now
I'm walking streets of gold.
If you could see me now
I'm standing tall and whole.
If you could see me now
You'd know I've seen his face.
If you could see me now
You'd know the pain's erased.

Shane has left pain behind. His joy is complete. That big smile is permanently in place.

So long for now. I'll see you on that other shore, when the Long Goodbye will be the Eternal Hello.


No comments: