Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A cowgirl, who was visiting Texas from Arkansas, walked into a bar and
ordered three mugs of beer. She sat in the back of the bar, drinking a
sip out of each one in turn.

When the cowgirl finished the three mugs, she came back to the bar and ordered three more. The bartender approached and said: "You know, a beer goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The cowgirl replied, "Well, you see, I have two sisters. One is in Australia , the other is in Dublin . When we all left our home in Arkansas , we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together. So I'm drinking one
beer for each of my sisters and one for myself."

The bartender admitted that this was a nice custom, and went on about his business. The cowgirl became a regular customer, and always drank the same way.

Then one day, she came in and only ordered two beers. All the regulars noticed and fell silent. When she came back to the bar for the second round, the bartender said, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowgirl looked puzzled for a moment, then a light dawned in her eyes and she laughed. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," she sais. " It's just that my husband and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking.

"Hasn't affected my sisters though."

No comments: