Friday, November 23, 2007

THANKSGIVING NOTES

Thanksgiving dinner is always an adventure at my house. We always have an eclectic collection of family and friends. One of the most interesting is my mother in law. She will almost always come out with a wild story or comment. I used to sort of "egg her on" as we say in Texas, but the Little Woman has taken to giving me "The Look" for that.

So, this time I just timed it. It took 12 minutes. We were talking about television shows we watch. She likes CSI. The comment? She told the Oldest Daughter (who lives in New York City and is a singer\actor) that, everytime she sees one of the corpses on the autopsy table, she thinks of her.

I laughed until I cried. I couldn't help it. Everyone else just looked at her horrified. Then, the Baby caught it from me and the two of us tried to hold it in. I had tears running down my face and nearly choked.

Life is good.

No comments: