Tuesday, June 01, 2004

SPOILED. In what passes for my personal life, I finished my first day flying solo as chief counsel today. My transition period is over and the buck stops here. I have already been involved in a project where a guy got fired, appropriated some better furniture, and covered my desk with contracts to review. I went to 3 meetings today, and one more was canceled. Plus, I got an e-mail and a phone call from the old job asking how to handle situations there. Tomorrow, I have to find a way to do all the work generated by the meetings today.

All in all, a pretty fun day.

The Little Woman has a few adjustments to make, and she does not like change. My contract calls for me to be in the office by 7:30. This means, when she works nights, we will not see each other until the next night, because I will leave before she returns.

Most people think this is silly, but we are the couple that, today for instance, could only meet if I drove over to her workplace garage, caught her on the way in, and gave her a hug. So, of course, I did. Yes, I know she is a little spoiled, but I love her and don't really have any other hobbies.

The Daughters picked up on this early in life and decided it applied to them also. So, they are all a bit spoiled also. These four women are really my luxuries. Other guys have golf, or airplanes, I have a wife and three daughters.

At one of the meetings today, they asked if I could play golf to fill in a foursome at a charity tournament. I told them, sadly no, but if anyone needed spoiling there, I was their man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heart, Grow some balls and play in the friggin' charity tournament, for Chrissakes. Your girls will be all right for a few hours on their own. You need some outside interests, or, trust me, you will be divorced in the not-so-distant future. Mark my words.

The Very Spoiled Mom of Four Rockin' Boys