Monday, May 19, 2003

This weekend I had the great pleasure of having all three of my daughters at home. The oldest came home to attend a graduation party we threw for our pastor's oldest daughter. Our oldest has been out of college a year and married. She just got her first spot with an opera company. The middle daughter is home from college for a few weeks before going to work at a summer camp. The youngest is still in high school. I am so proud of them. I watched them all weekend together and with other people, thinking how fortunate I am to have them. They will soon be all gone from the house. That will be sad. Child raising has been such an important part of my life. I'm not sure what I'll do next. Wander around the house looking at their pictures? Regardless, I'll always be grateful for the years they were here, laughing at Dad's jokes, talking, walking, going to church together, cheering them on at school functions, wiping away tears, nervously awaiting results from contests, colleges, auditions, interviews. And praying. Asking God to protect them, make them good people, bring them wonderful husbands, and not let me mess them up. Thank you God for anwering those prayers.

No comments: