Sunday, December 25, 2005

If you pay any attention at all to the news, you are accustomed to hearing and seeing the president of Iran foam at the mouth. His latest rabid rant is against Western music, which he has banned. When I heard it, being a Midland kind of boy, I thought, what is wrong with Western music. It has tumbling tumble weeds and cool, clear water. But, then someone explained to me that it means music from the West, such as the U.S. and Europe. So, no Bach for Persia. Also, no Copeland, my favorite, for the Iranians.

Does this mean music from any place west of Iran? Does this mean Eastern music is ok? So, you could not listen to French music, not that you'd want to, I'm just using it as an example, but you could listen to Indian music? I’m just wondering.

I was also thinking the Pres might like old Ray Stevens. You remember Ahab, the Arab? Although I realize the Persians aren’t really Arabs, I think that kind of got lost in the jihad.

If Iran’s president doesn’t behave better, we’ll send Teresa Heinz Kerry to see him. You might remember her as the money behind the loser of the last presidential election and the woman who proved you do not have to be poor to be trailer trash (this was before Paris Hilton took over the job). Well, now she says our president is soft on Iran. This is while her husband thinks the president is too hard on Iraq. I guess we should have invaded Tehran instead of Baghdad to make the Kerry’s (or is it the Heinz’s) happy.

The thing that has Terri unhappy is Ahmadinejad's claim that Israel should be wiped off the map. That pretty much upset everybody, especially Israel, which likes the map just like it is (except for that guy that keeps giving up large chunks of it). But I don’t think Congress would let us invade Iran over it. Not that I wouldn’t like to.

Terri said "The only way to prevent the virus (this is a metaphor for hatred of Israel)from surviving and spreading is to attack, killing it with the strongest possible condemnations before it has a chance to mutate and spread." She does not mean attack with weapons, but with words, preferably at the U.N. and C.N.N. and any other N's we can think of. We know how often the U.N. fixes things. Just ask Rwanda.

I suggest we make a video of the Grand Poo Bah Anan saying “Bad president, no no!” and send it to old Ahmadinejad!

However, I don’t think old Ter needs to worry too much. I think the Israelis will take a dim view of the process and move to stop it. They did it to Iraq and I think they’ll do it again.

Here are some interesting signs.

First, Israeli military intelligence chief Farkash said Israel will have failed diplomatically if its efforts to stop Iran’s nuclear weapons program is not referred to the U.N. Security Council before the end of March. Behind this rather tame sounding sentence is a deadline and a statement that they tried diplomatic channels before resorting to force.

Second, Israeli Defense Minister Mofaz said Israel must get ready for non-diplomatic actions with regard to Iran.

Third, Benjamin Netanyahu made a campaign promise to attack Iran. He could never make it in the U.S. as a Democrat, could he.

The Times of Britain claims that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has already ordered preparations for the attack, including ground troops and air strikes. Guess when? The end of March.

If I lived in Iran, I’d buy a helmet.

No comments: