Wednesday, April 19, 2006

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

I'm a little behind in blogging due to work and family concerns. I think, however, I should note the resignation of Bob Reccord from the NAMB since I blogged earlier that he should resign.

Interestingly, the one older pastor I spoke to about it defended Reccord and said the problem was disgruntled former employees. I guess they held him down and made him rent the private jet.

The younger pastors I spoke to said he should go.

The conflicts of interest and expediture for personal luxury are not in place in a mission organization. While missionaries struggle to make ends meet and the organization struggles to fund them, taking a private jet to England to watch a movie is a sin.

I guess the next plane ride will be to go back home.

No comments: