Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A POPE POOL? Would it be unseemly to have a Pope Pool at the office where you could bet on who will be the next Pope? I am picking Cardinal Ratzinger, from Germany. Here is my thinking. They need a non-Italian Pope to show they are still reaching out to the world. The Italians are not ready for an African, Asian, or South American. They want somebody old, so he will not serve a long time, and will be a transitional Pope.

Ratzinger is in his 70s, he is European, but not Italian. He is in charge of church doctrine and is a conservative.

Anyone have any other picks?

2 comments:

Josh Orr said...

Larry,
I thought I would stop by and say hi. We really do need to go to starbucks and talk for a while. I would really love it. And I have a book for you, a little different but still a good easy read. A radical reformission by Mark Driscoll. Look it up I think you would enjoy it.
Josh Orr

Larry Thompson said...

It's good to hear from you, Josh. I would love to meet you for coffee. I'll look for the book. Claire said you brought a really good message at Backstage. Godspeed. Larry