Wednesday, April 06, 2005

WHEREVER GOD MAY PLACE US. Here is an interesting quote for my daughters, who sometimes worry where their call to ministry will take them in these difficult times. The quote is from a preacher, recalling his early years when he had no church.

"I walked up and down the streets of Sand Town (a poor area of Waco), knocking on doors, introducing myself and asking if the person would like to talk about Jesus ... And so many people, young and old, men and women, black, white, and tan, gave their lives to Jesus as we talked ... When I was just seventeen in Sand Town ... I discovered that nobody needs a church to preach. Nobody needs a pulpit to stand behind. The world is waiting to hear the Good News of the gospel. And what a glorious thing it is to share that Good News wherever God may place us!"

The quote is from W. A. Criswell, former pastor of First Baptist Church of Dallas. For my Aggie readers who are also fans of Southern Seminary, Dr. Criswell received his Ph.D. from there.

1 comment: